Benefits of Expunging Your Criminal Record
If you were ever arrested, then you have a criminal record. If you’ve been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony, you are probably aware of your record.
Fortunately, expunction offers a way to clear your criminal record as if the criminal offense didn’t occur in the first place. In Texas, however, there are certain circumstances which must be met to obtain expunction.
You may be eligible for expunction in Texas if:
- If you were arrested by not charged
- Your charge was dismissed
- Your offense was a juvenile misdemeanor
- Your offense was a minor alcohol-related offense
- You were convicted of Failure to Attend School
- You were later acquitted by the Criminal Court of Appeals
- You were pardoned
A clean criminal record can make a significant difference in whether or not you are able to take advantage of life’s opportunities. If you don’t want one mistake to haunt you for the rest of your life, you should learn what it takes to get your record expunged by speaking with our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyer at The Clark Law Firm.
The following are the three major benefits of expunging your criminal record:
- Getting or keeping a job. Did you know that more than 80% of employers perform a criminal background check on their employee candidates? A criminal record will always hinder your employment prospects. Even if you are already working, new management can come in and conduct a search on all current employees.
- Approval for a loan. Some loan agencies believe that a criminal record is an indication that someone is less likely to meet their financial obligations. That could mean experiencing high interest rates or flat-out denial because of your record. Without approval for a loan, it can be difficult to purchase a new car or home, as well as pay for an education.
- Peace of mind. Lastly, not having a mark on your criminal record can make your worries disappear. Your rights and privileges of as citizen return, putting the criminal offense behind you once and for all.
If you were convicted of a crime and would like to pursue expunction, request a free consultation with our Fort Worth criminal defense lawyer at The Clark Law Firm today.